Shipping and Terms
We accept payment via PayPal and French, German and US bank cheques.
Please note that the default currencies used on this site are US dollars, euros and British pounds, but that PayPal allows you to pay in your local currency without surcharge.
We do not process credit cards independently of PayPal, which provides a simplified, universal and secure payment service for holders of major credit cards. (This also means that we have no access to your credit card information.)
PayPal does not require registration from first-time (or returning) users; simply follow the onscreen prompts at checkout.
We reserve the right to confirm funds clearance before shipment for first-time customers paying by cheque.
Shipping and Delivery
The shipping calculator uses current French parcel rates and applies them to an estimate of each item’s weight plus packaging. For smaller parcels, the calculator is very predictive. However, orders with a large number of mixed items, particularly those which include heavier items such as books and journals, can generate postal overcharges due to the large jumps in tarrifs for parcels weighing more than 2 kg. (For example, a parcel weighing just under 3kg will cost $11 less to ship than one weighing just over 3kg.)
When the shipping calculator generates an overcharge, we will reimburse the difference to you via PayPal and email you a notification.
Within the European Union
Orders are shipped via French Priority Mail. Normal delivery times are three to five business days after processing.
Rest of World
Orders are shipped via French International Priority Mail. Normal delivery times are five to seven business days after processing.
- Orders for goods under $100 are shipped without tracking, which would otherwise make standard shipping prohibitively expensive. Insured tracking service is offered at cost; simply mark the appropriate check-box at checkout.
- Orders over $100 and limited-edition books will ship with tracking and insurance at the French postal service’s Colissimo expedited rates. You will receive an email message from us upon shipping with your tracking number.
Federal Express or other expedited services are available upon request. Please supply your FedEx number and note the desired service level in the comments space provided at checkout, or request a quote. After encountering numerous bureaucratic problems and delays, we no longer ship via UPS France.
Customs and Duties
Customers outside the EU are responsible for any customs or duties charged by local authorities.
US customers: please note that all our items are paper products, which are a class of goods exempt from duties.
Frequent causes of delays
- Mislabled orders will be returned to us, so please double-check your shipping address and include a valid email address and telephone number.
- Seasonal delays: the last few weeks before Christmas see a vast surge in the volume of mail worldwide, so we would recommend ordering early and would also ask for your patience during this period, as packages are often delayed.
- US customers, please note: the US Postal Service requires mandatory security screening of all international parcels at their arrival points. Though this system has been in place for several years, it has raised rates and lowered the predictability of US-bound airmail service. Normally, the system functions without incident; however, USPS screening is liable to create delays during the Christmas season. From past experience, bottlenecks and delays can be severe in late December, so please remember to place your orders early to avoid the possibility of delays, and to select tracking to ensure timely delivery.
Cancellations and Returns
You have a right to return your order under distant selling regulations for any item purchased on a fixed priced sale for a full refund within seven days after receipt. However, you must take reasonable care of the item/s and they must be returned and received in as-new condition. You will be responsible for the shipping costs both to and from your address.
- To cancel your order you must advise us by writing in a timely fashion to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be responsible for the cost of returning orders that have already been shipped.
- All parcels are returned at your own risk and cost. We would advise using recorded delivery as the parcel is not our responsibility until we receive it.
- The right to cancel and return for refund does not apply to inscribed books.
Please note: We will only accept item/s returned in original, unused and unsealed condition. This includes items damaged in return shipment or returned in unsuitable packaging.
Please send returns to:
15 rue du Roule
tel. +33 (0)1 4013 9116