Shipping and Terms
We accept payment via PayPal and French and US bank cheques.
Please note that the default currencies used on this site are US dollars, euros and British pounds, but that PayPal allows you to pay in your local currency without surcharge.
We do not process credit cards independently of PayPal, which provides a simplified, universal and secure payment service for holders of major credit cards. (This also means that we have no access to your credit card information.)
PayPal does not require registration from first-time (or returning) users; simply follow the onscreen prompts at checkout.
We reserve the right to confirm funds clearance before shipment for first-time customers paying by cheque.
The shipping calculator uses current French parcel rates and applies them to an estimate of each item’s weight plus packaging. Rates are applied using the three zones established by the French postal service: France, EU countries and “rest of world.”
The French postal service now uses only two, very different rates in each zone:
- Priority Mail/Letter rate applies to parcels 3 cm or less in width. This rate will be used for orders containing multiples of cards, table lanterns and other thin or flat items, and single copies of bound journals and boxed stationery. This Letter rate is far less onerous than the Colissimo parcel rate, explained below.
- Colissimo parcel rates apply to bulkier parcels to all destinations which contain thicker books, desk boxes or multiples of journals and/or boxed stationery. Unfortunately, Colissimo is an expensive service and the US has now been placed in the “rest of world” category and receives no preferential rate reductions.
- Within the European Union: normal delivery times are 4 to 6 business days after receipt of order.
- Rest of World: normal delivery times are 5 to 8 business days after receipt of order.
- Orders at Letter rate for thin items are shipped without tracking, which would otherwise make standard shipping prohibitively expensive. Insured tracking service is offered at cost; please mark the appropriate check-box at checkout.
- Orders using the Colissimo parcel rate for bulkier items will ship with tracking. You will receive an email message from us upon shipping with your tracking number.
Federal Express or other expedited services are available upon request. Please supply your FedEx number and note the desired service level in the comments space provided at checkout, or request a quote. After encountering numerous bureaucratic problems and delays, we no longer ship via UPS France.
Customs and Duties
Customers outside the EU are responsible for any customs or duties charged by local authorities.
US customers: please note that all our items are paper products, which are a class of goods exempt from import duties.
Frequent causes of delays
- Mislabeled orders will be returned to us, so please double-check your shipping address and include a valid email address and telephone number.
- Seasonal delays: the last few weeks before Christmas see a vast surge in the volume of mail worldwide, so we would recommend ordering early and would also ask for your patience during this period, as packages are often delayed.
- US customers, please note: the US Postal Service requires mandatory security screening of all international parcels at their arrival points and is liable to create delays during the Christmas season. From past experience, bottlenecks and delays can be severe in late December, so please place your orders early to avoid the possibility of delays, and to select tracking to ensure timely delivery.
Cancellations and Returns
You have a right to return your order under distant selling regulations for any item purchased on a fixed priced sale for a full refund within seven days after receipt. However, you must take reasonable care of the item/s and they must be returned and received in as-new condition. You will be responsible for the shipping costs both to and from your address.
- To cancel your order you must advise us by writing in a timely fashion to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be responsible for the cost of returning orders that have already been shipped.
- All parcels are returned at your own risk and cost. We would advise using recorded delivery as the parcel is not our responsibility until we receive it.
- The right to cancel and return for refund does not apply to inscribed books.
Please note: We will only accept item/s returned in original, unused and unsealed condition. This includes items damaged in return shipment or returned in unsuitable packaging.
Please send returns to:
15 rue du Roule
tel. +33 (0)1 4013 9116